Wednesday 7 September 2011

Ios the party town? Not so much

Day #25 and #26 - Ios, Greece

During the summer, Ios is considered the party island (non gay) of all the greek islands. However, as soon as the last week of august hits, its a GHOST TOWN. I probably should have clued in when all other tour companies stopped running their greek island tours by the end of august. Its because theres just noooooo one here.

In case you ever wondered how much pollution a ferry makes, this is how much.


We arrived to this ghost town and took a stroll through.





This was an ampitheatre built back in 1997 in the ancient style.


Since there were no other travellers other than us, i was able to get this awesome shot :)


See, ghost town.


Just about the only good thing about ios was th beauuutiful beaach. I think this one might be my fav of all the greek islands. Perhaps cuz there was no one there at all, and i didnt have to pay for my beach chair.





















It was as if we had our own private beach. I slept ALL day at the beach, and for some reason, i still managed to be sleepy.lol



View of the sunset from our "hotel"
These are boats by the port, pretty pirate drinking boat.





I didnt have my good camera with me so i couldnt take a decent pic. After drinks with thr group, as we were walking home, i saw the most beautiful photo opportunity, but NO GOOD CAMERA. I was so upset! The moon was shining on the water with a gorgeous reflection...behind the beach which had beach chairs, umbrellas and a hammock. But night scene ive seen my whole life nd no camera. Sigh. So sad.


The morning before departure, i headed to the local beach to sit down in the shade to read a book. Its so peaceful to hear the sound of the waves while reading my free book from the hotel. Once again, the beach is deserted.



And thats it. Probably the city that i took the fewest pics during this trip. Im sure i would have loved this party island two weeks ago when ppl were actually on it. But since its not two weeks ago, im gonna have to say this is not my favourite island.

Location:Ios, Greece

3 comments:

  1. i hate the lack of formatting functions on this blog because there are certain passages i can read. SIGH :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Ahhhh ive only been seeing it on my ipad and nothing seeeeeems to be blocked,,,should i just go back to the plan formatting of writing, then pic? Yes i think i will do that

    ReplyDelete