Sunday 28 August 2011

Goodbye Turkey

My trip in Turkey has come to an end.

After heading to bed at two am, i got up at four for breakfast at five. This breakfast was like night and day from what i had the previous day since they had to specially prepare it for me. I got some cheese, some cold cuts, some jam and butter (no bread tho), it was everything i had avoided from the day before. Anywho, when i headed down, i was supposed to get picked up at five thirty. Five thirty came and passed....no one came. I asked the front desk to call the guy. After several calls, it turns out they didnt send anyone for me, they had forgotten or something. I was fummmmming, but they sent a car to come at six. Sigh.


Luckily, the driver drove relatively fast and there were no cars on the road. I made it to the airport thinking that since it was six thirty in the morning, there wouldn't be too many people. I was wrong. The line for turkish airlines was INSANNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. As i mentioned in yesterdays post, its a big holiday this weekend so everrryone was going on vacay.



I was kind of worried since i was already late arriving to the airport...then the check in line took forever and a half (even though it was the "shorter"). So after lining up to drop off my luggage, lining up to go through customs, lining up to go through security and lining up to board the plane, i make it just in time for my flight. Yay!



The last two weeks in Turkey have given me the best travel experience thus far. I don't think my words or pictures can truly do this country justice in showing how beautiful the land is, how kind the people are and how delicious the food is. I have my tour guide turned friend Caglar (chalar) to thank for my new found love of this country. He gave us background to the complicated yet fascinating history of Turkey, he showed us a side of the Muslim religion that none of us have seen before, he brought us to around turkey tasting the best food of each city - he showed us HIS Turkey, HIS home. I have fallen in love with this country and one day, I know that I will return. Thanks Caglar for making my time in Turkey so incredible.


(i made him do the asian peace sign :D)



Location:Istanbul, Turkey

1 comment:

  1. glad to read that you're enjoying yourself. miss you! <3

    ReplyDelete