Monday 15 August 2011

Selcuk, part one

Firstly, id like to say that i think ive finally cured my jetlag. This trip took me a bit longer than I usually do...so I am happy to report that i have managed to sleep the whole night.

We started off the day a tad later that normal, at 9:30. We first left out hotel and took the city bus to the main bus terminal to catch our bus to selcuk. I found the name of the bus company to be particularly interesting, but i will let you see the pic below....


The bus ride took pretty long, we spent about six and a hlf hours on the road with short pit stops in between...



Once we arrived at our "hotel"' we took a local mini van to a local village by the name of sirenci, pronounced sirengi. It was a very quaint little village, with a very old church of st.john...


The local village had a few random things like an old car....


And local turkish ladies knitting in the street...


This village is pretty much sitting on top of a hill, so when we got our forty five minutes of free time, i decided to go wandering, trying to get to the highest point of the village.


Along the way, there was a kind turkish man who told me that there was a church at the top of the hill where there is a gorogeous view. Along the way, he gave me flowers he had picked ...toooooo cute and sweet.

He then helped me take a few pics of the church and scenery...





As i was about to leave, i asked to take a pic to remember my new turkish friend....


He was nice enough to offer me turkish "cha", or tea. Unfortunately my time was up and had to leave. Sigh. Goodbye handsom turkish man with beautiful blueish greenish eyes.

We head back to our hotel to the roof top restaurnt .and by this time, we are super starving since none of us had lunch. Before dinner, we sat down for a couple cool beverages as we watch the sunset over the nearby hills...





After the sunset, we sat down to some delicious mesa (sp??) plates, stuffed muscles and mixed grill meats. The meal was absolutelllly delicious....mmm...lamb and muscles......


After dinner, as people started to finish up and head to their rooms, candice, rick and our tourguide "charlar" stayed behind. Out of no where, a man brings a water pipe to chalar....And he starts to smoke it. I dont quite know how i got peer pressured (since ive never smoked anything evverrr in my life) but i ended up giving turkish "nargile" a try, others call it shisha.









It was a very nice apple mint flavour. It was great to try once in my life, but i dont think ill make a habit out of it, since i hear that one sitting of it is the same as smoking a full pack of cigarettes! Luckily i only took a couple breaths in.lol.

This day confirmed to me that turkish people are absolutely amazing and that i am in love with this country. Just walking arounid the village and looking out to the hills, gave me such a sense of peace and relaxation - something toronto just has never been able to do. One more day in selcuk to come.....


Location:Selcuk, turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment